In Africa, 176 animal species have gone extinct in the last 600 years. The dodo, the quagga, the bluebuck and the Cape Verde giant skink are no more and will never be again. 1,330 animal species in Africa are threatened with extinction due to habitat loss, too much hunting, and pollution. Some people feel great sympathy for the animals suffering from these threats, especially those creatures which care for their own kind the same way we do. Life becomes difficult for these animals when they find people living and working in the lands they used to roam.
- Living with wildlife: Introduction
- Living with elephants: Elephant solar fences
- The Elephant Chili Pepper Project: Chili stops crop raiding
- Living with predators: Protecting livestock against predators
- Living with baboons: Resolving conflict with baboons
- Bushmeat: Alternatives to bushmeat as a source of meat
- Eco-tourism: a documentary filmed at Il Ngwesi Community Lodge in Kenya
Credits: PACE Project, Tusk and Siren Conservation Education, producer.
Rights/Droits: UNESCO; PACE Project
LICENSING: for inquiries about licensing or requests for CD/DVD copies of this material, please contact the producer or the author directly. You may also wish to consult our FAQs 6 to 9