Within the context of the United Nations' Decade for the World's Indigenous Peoples, individuals from different professional disciplines and organizations contributed to a project to manage the archival heritage generated through interaction between researchers and the San peoples of Southern Africa.
It all was done in collaboration with the San Communities, whose representatives were trained to work with audio-visual and textual technologies to generate information and communication materials from their perspective.
Other titles on the DVD are:
- Cultural exchange, 7:56 min
- Caprivi after independence, 8:17 min
- The miscast exhibition, 15:58 min
- The promised land, 11:34 min
- Trance dance, 8:32 min
- An interview with Dr Megan Biesele, 17:43 min; and
- Indigenous languages, 10:07 min