Communication and development
This is an ICT4ID* DVD that contains 8 films:
1. "Empujados a la ciudad: José, el niño carretillero" (19 min.), by Miguel A. Pretil Nahui, tells the story of a boy from Cajamarca that comes to Lima and works as "portador" in a hostile environment.
2. "Arena Viva" (17 min.), by Joel Figari.
A farmer from Villa El Salvador fights both the desert and the poverty of his community.
3. "La Senda del Danzante" (19 min.), by Maribel Nahui Pretell.
Andean culture and culture survival seen through the "Danza de las tijeras".
4. "La Fuerza de la Unión" (25 min), by Julio Cesar Tejada Ramos
Life and dreams of three residents of one of Villa El Salvador poorer quarters.
5. Apu Onccoy: una voz, un sueño en los Andes (20 min.), by Victor Jesús de la Cruz
A woman from Ayacucho tries to keep her roots alive through Andean singing and dancing.
6. Día para un Cuento (20 min.), by David Hilario
In search of the Andean oral tradition by a young man from Villa El Salvador
7. Al son de mi Familia (15 min. above). By Johanna Valdiviezo Zevallos / Taller Tokapu
An Afro-Peruvian woman rediscovers her origins
8. Illary Quilla: Luz de Luna (15 min.), by Quilla Nahui Ccencho
An immigrant's daughter reflects on her generation.
*ICT4ID is a UNESCO project that encourages the use of information and communication technologies for intercultural dialogue and to contribute to the development of communication capacities of indigenous people.