Language(s): Tamil subtitles: Eng
Akha children, living in the mountains of Northern Thailand have always made use of local materials in their games.
Now they have adapted modern materials: rubber bands, mortobike tires, water bottles, into their traditional games.
Contents of this item:
- Akha, Chiang Ra
- Kratai Ka Kuab (Hopping Rabbit)
- E-Leb (Throwing and Catching Rocks)
- Ba Kang Wo (Spinning Top)
- Lookkaew (Marble Shooting)
- Rod Yang (Rolling Mortorbike Tires)
- Yon Yang Rod (Throwing Motorbikes Tires)
- Ying Nang Yang (Shooting Rubber Bands)
This content is part of Traditional Children's Games in South-East Asia, a box that contains an interactive CD-ROM (can be consulted upon request in our Reading Room) and Let`s Play, a DVD with documentaries about children's games »consult it here