Language(s): English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian
The cartoon series Patrimonito's World Heritage Adventures was developed in 2002 as part of the celebrations for the 30th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention. In an international competition launched that year, ASPnet young people prepared storyboards on World Heritage sites in their countries. Prize-winning storyboards were professionally animated and produced.
Each of these 6 storyboards depicts the history and values of the selected site, the threats and challenges it faces and solutions to preserve the site.
The six episodes on this Patrimonito's World Heritage adventures DVD are:
- Patrimonito arrives in Cuba: Havana
- Patrimonito in Norway: The Wooden Church of Urnes
- Patrimonito in New Zealand: The Sub-Antarctic Islands
- Patrimonito in Ethiopia: Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela
- Patrimonito in the Russian Federation: Historic Monuments of Novgorod and Surroundings
- Patrimonito in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and Rwanda: The Virunga Mountains
Series: Patrimonito's World Heritage Adventures
Type: Animated cartoon film
Extract: 02:54. Total length: 01:00:00
Credits: Alcuni produzioni multimediali (publisher) UNESCO-WHC (producer) ASPnet (producer)