Training of Russian speaking trainers for Central Asia
Workshop on elaborating safeguarding plans, ICH legislation and policies
The elaboration of Safeguarding plans
16/21-04-2017Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Third expert group meeting on cultural contexts of health and well-being
Envisioning the future of the global capacity-building programme and its facilitators’ network - Strategy meeting with facilitators
Within the framework of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Section’s Global strategy on strengthening national capacities to safeguard intangible cultural heritage, the Section is organizing a strategy meeting with facilitators from 6 to 9 March 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand, in collaboration with the Culture Unit of the UNESCO Bangkok Office.
In the process of developing the next quadrennial UNESCO programme (2018 to 2022), and in light of the latest developments in the implementation of the Convention, this workshop will intend to involve facilitators in vision building and strategic thinking about the future of the Convention’s global capacity-building programme and the facilitators’ network.
1. Consolidate facilitators’ perspectives on the relevance and future potential of the capacity-building programme;
2. Assess the evolution, effects and potential of the global facilitators’ network;
3. Develop ideas and recommendations for the future of the programme and the network.
The meeting will bring together about 30 participants, mainly UNESCO-trained facilitators involved in delivering capacity-building services as well as Field Office colleagues in the Culture Sector, and a team from the Intangible Cultural Heritage Section. The participants also include observers from Category 2 centres working on capacity building.
- Agenda of the Meeting : English|French
- Concept note: English|French
- Cross-regional Analysis of Facilitators’ Reports: English|French
- Draft International Assistance materials: English
- Facilitators survey results report: English|French
- Information Note: English|French
- Presenation: Capacity-building materials: English|French
- Presentation: Identifying possible priorities and strategies: English|French
- Presentation: Introduction: English|French
- Presentation: Latest developments in the life of the Convention: English|French
- Presentation: Programme implementation at the national level: English|French
Community-based inventorying workshop with the Bida community
20/24-02-2017Niger State (Nigeria)
Training on the use of the mechanisms of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage