- Venue of the fourth session of the Committee
- Registration Form
- Recommended Hotels
- Related events and excursion
- Visa Requirements
- Airport Arrival and Liaison
Venue of the fourth session of the Committee
- Map situating the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi hotel, venue of the meeting (more detail: English)
The fourth session of the Intergovernmental Committee is held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2009 at the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi:
- Address: P.O. Box 4171- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Tel: +971 2 666 6888
- Fax: +971 2 666 9153
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.intercontinental.com
The registration form (English-French) should be returned before 31 August 2009:
- by e-mail (if permitted by your Acrobat version): email@example.com;
- by fax: +33 (0)1 45 68 57 52
- or in hard copy, addressed to: UNESCO CLT/CIH/ITH - 1 rue Miollis - 75732 Paris Cedex 15 - FRANCE
All participants are kindly requested to fill out the form hotel and excursion indicating the head of their delegation and if they are a) designated by their authority or institution to be hosted by the UAE in the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi b) or otherwise the hotel during their stay, and if they intend to participate in the excursion.
Participants other than those receiving the hospitality from the United Arab Emirates in the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi and Hilton Abu Dhabi, are advised to make their reservations in the below hotels. Such participants are advised to make their reservations directly with the concerned hotel and well in advance, as availability cannot be guaranteed. In order to benefit from the negotiated room rates for the hotels recommended below by the authorities from the United Arab Emirates, participants are invited to make their room reservations before 24th September 2009, by referring to the booking code “firstname.lastname@example.org”. These participants are responsible for covering all costs related to their accommodation incurred during their stay.
Shuttle service to the meeting venue will be provided. For those participants receiving the hospitality from the United Arab Emirates in the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi and Hilton Abu Dhabi, breakfast and dinner will be served in the same hotel.
- Map situating the Hilton Abu Dhabi hotel
Hilton Abu Dhabi :
- Tel.: 009712-6811900
- Hilton Guest room (single): AED 1100 = $ 299.564
Hilton Corniche Apartment :
- P.O. BOX 6677 Corniche Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Tel.: +9712-6276000
- Fax: +9712-6270000
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.1.hilton.com
- Hilton Guest room (single): AED 750 = $204.248
- P.O. BOX 32430 Electra Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Tel: +9712-6156666
- Fax: +9712-6335766
- Mobile: +97150-6124509 or +97150-3298998
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.sands-hotel.net
- Standard single: AED 500=$ 136.166
- Standard double: AED 600=$ 163.399
The above special rates are inclusive of 10% service charge +6% tourism fees buffet breakfast per room, per night with free internet connection and free valet parking
Hilton Baynunah :
- Hilton Guest room (single): AED 850 =$ 231.481
- Tel.: 009712-6327777
Rate conditions for above three hotels: per room per night; payment cash or credit card.
Cristal Hotel Apartments
- Single: AED 700 = $ 190.632
- Tel.: 009712-4446537
- Rate conditions: above rate is per single Standard room (Amber) per night, and based on Bed & buffet breakfast basis. Double room supplement is AED 100.00 per night. Premier room (quartz) supplement is AED 100.00 per room per night. Emerald Suite supplement is AED 200.00 per suite night. Above offer is valid for the above group only. The above is only a rate proposal that doesn’t guarantee any space unless we receive your reconfirmation latest by September 3rd, 2009.
- Single or double room: AED 500=$ 136.166
- Suite Executive: AED 700 = $ 190.632
- Website: http://www.cassellshotelapartments.ae
- Rate conditions: by room onlyonly and inclusive of 16%(6% Tourism fee& 10% Service charge)
Related events and excursion
The authorities from the United Arab Emirates will organize the following cultural events/excursions:
|Monday, 28 September||20:00||Cultural Activities and dinner organized by Abu Dhabi Cultural Authority and Intercontinental Abu Dhabi|
|Wednesday, 30 September||20:30 to 22:00||Cultural Activities|
|Friday, 2 October||19:00 to 21:00||Closing Ceremony, Cultural Activities and Dinner in Emirates Palace Hotel|
|Saturday, 3 October||08:00 to 19:00||Excursion: Tour of Emirates to see some sites of Tangible/Intangible Cultural Heritage|
Those wishing to participate in the excursion on Saturday 3 October are kindly requested to confirm their participation by filling in the form “Hotel Information and Participation in Excursion” (hotel and excursion) and returning it to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Each participant is required to hold a valid passport to enter the United Arab Emirates.
It is recommended that visa requests be sent before the beginning of Ramadan (20 August – 20 September 2009).
All visitors to Abu Dhabi, except for citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC states) will require a visa. However, certain nationalities automatically get a visa on arrival, usually for 60 days, that can be renewed once for additional 30 days (for a fee of Dhs.500). Citizens of Andorra, Australia, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and Vatican City receive an automatic visa on arrival in Abu Dhabi.
The website of the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.government.ae/gov/en/gov/index.jsp provides helpful visa information for foreigners travelling to the United Arab Emirates. If a visa is required, it is the responsibility of the participants to obtain it before travelling. For all information concerning visas and other formalities for entering the United Arab Emirates, the participants may also contact directly the UAE Embassies or Consulates in the countries where they reside.
The invitation letter from UNESCO may be used when applying for a visa. Please note that no personal letters of invitation can be provided for this purpose, and that only the UAE authorities may determine the granting of a visa.
For further information on the location of UAE Embassies and Consulates, please consult the following website: http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/visas.asp.
Airport Arrival and Liaison
There are three international airports in the United Arab Emirates.
Abu Dhabi International Airport
- URL: http://www.abudhabiairport.ae .
- P.O. Box 20, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Tel: +971 (2) 575 7500
- Fax: +971 (2) 575 7157
The United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage) is providing transport from airport to hotel. There will also be a welcome desk at the Abu Dhabi International Airport to assist the delegates upon their arrival from 26 to 28 September) and opening hours will be as per the flight schedule and their departure from 2 to 4 October. In addition, there are the three means of paid transportation from the airport to Abu Dhabi city are taxi, bus, or car rental:
- traveling by taxi is made possible by Al Ghazal Transport taxi service, which costs Dhs. 100 (US$ 30) and takes around 35 minutes;
- transportation by bus is serviced by the Abu Dhabi Municipality bus service running on bus Route 901. The air-conditioned green and white buses cost Dhs. 3 (US$ 1) to ride and depart from outside the arrivals every 30 or 45 minutes;
- the major rent a car companies have offices at the airport.
Dubai International Airport
- URL: http://www.dubaiairport.com
- P.O. Box 2525, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Tel: +971 (4) 224 5555
- Fax: +971 (4) 224 4067
- Flight Info: +971 (4) 206 6666
The United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage) is providing transport from airport to hotel.
Sharjah International Airport
- URL: http://www.sharjahairport.ae
- P.O. Box 8, Sharja, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Tel : +971 6 5581111
- Fax: +971 6 5581167 / 5580449
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants coming from Sharjah can rent a car and cost will be paid by Abu Dhabi Authorities (upon original receipt).