MEDLIHER: four years of cooperation for the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage in the Mediterranean
- MEDLIHER: Another vision of Mediterranean living heritage
Co-financed by the European Union and UNESCO through the Euromed Heritage Program, and benefiting from the cooperation with Maison des cultures du monde, the MedLiHer Project has aimed to build long term capacities of key national players for the implementation of the Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in those countries, including developing national safeguarding projects and supporting their participation in its international mechanisms. The project also sought to strengthen cooperation and exchange of expertise and experience at the regional level through the creation of a network of institutions and development of a web portal with a database.
The activities that will be held at the Maison des cultures du monde in Paris and UNESCO Headquarters on 17 and 18 December will take stock of the past four years of implementation. Key actors (project managers, facilitators, photographers, filmmakers and heritage professionals) will share their experiences during the closing session of the Project. The discussions will be based on a final evaluation report. The programme furthermore foresees:
- a public round table on intangible cultural heritage in the region,
- a presentation of examples of intangible cultural heritage (ICH) from the region,
- the projection of the film developed by the MedLiHer project together with the digital photo exhibition.
- 17/18-12-2012, Paris (France): Final evaluation meeting in Paris: presenting the audiovisual documentation on Intangible Cultural Heritage of the parnter countries
- 17/18-12-2012, Paris (France): Save the dates: MedLiHer final evaluation meeting in Paris on 17 and 18 December 2012
- Countries: Egypt – Jordan – Lebanon – Syrian Arab Republic