Partnering with youth for the safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage
- Two-part singing and playing in the Istrian scale
First on the calendar is a youth seminar being organized by the Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe (a category 2 centre under the auspices of UNESCO) in Sofia, Bulgaria (23 to 26 September 2012). It will gather students, researchers and representatives of youth organizations in South-Eastern Europe to explore the role of youth in safeguarding the intangible cultural heritage.
A Central African Youth Forum later in the year (dates TBD) will gather young people from Congo, Chad and the Central African Republic. The Forum, financed by UNESCO, will include training on the Convention’s concepts and mechanisms and a photographic documentation exercise. The images captured by youth delegates will be shared through a network, building appreciation of young people for their own heritage and the heritage of others.
The Caribbean Youth Forum made possible thanks to the generous contribution of Bulgaria and the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund, will be organized by UNESCO from 20th to 24th November 2012, at St Georges, Grenada. The Forum will include training sessions and activities on the Conventions’ concepts and mechanisms, intangible cultural heritage safeguarding, the role of youth, and team planning and reporting on an action plan for participants’ engagement in safeguarding.
- 19-11-2012, Brazzaville (Congo): Youth Forum in Central Africa: awareness-raising on Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 20/24-11-2012, St. George’s (Grenada): Caribbean Youth Forum on Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 24/25-09-2012, Sofia (Bulgaria): The role of youth in the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage in South-Eastern Europe
- Countries: Bulgaria – Central African Republic – Congo – Grenada – Chad