Two new elements inscribed on the Urgent Safeguarding List
- Paach ceremony
The Committee has also inscribed two new elements on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding:
- Chovqan, a traditional Karabakh horse-riding game in the Republic of Azerbaijan (Azerbaijan)
- Paach ceremony (Guatemala)
Inscriptions on this List help to mobilize international cooperation and assistance for stakeholders to undertake appropriate measures to safeguard intangible cultural heritage whose viability is at risk despite the efforts of the community and the States Parties concerned.
Chaired by Mr Abulfas Garayev, Minister of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan, the Committee is currently held in Baku from 2 to 7 December. It will continue the examination of nominations to the Urgent Safeguarding List and discuss two proposals for the Register of Best Safeguarding Practices. Follow the meeting live:
- with webcast).
- On Tweeter for the announcement of registration: Twitter.com/Unesco
- On Facebook: Facebook.com/unesco
- On Pinterest: Pinterest/unesco
- 02/07-12-2013, Baku (Azerbaijan): 8th session of the Intergovernmental Committee
- Countries: Azerbaijan – Guatemala