Países beneficiario: Argentina
The present project was among the first of its kind to be implemented in Latin America. It aimed at assisting Argentina as a priority and also Paraguay and Uruguay, in safeguarding their intangible cultural heritage by acquiring broad and solid knowledge of the 2003 Convention and its mechanism.
Workshops on the implementation of UNESCO’s 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage were organized at the national level. Delegates from governmental and civil society actors (community members, NGOs, academics) from Argentina and Uruguay participated in the workshops together with a civil society representative from Paraguay. A virtual network for exchange was established among all the participants as a platform for information, exchange, consultation, reflection, support and training among workshop participants.
Another facade of the project focused on community-based inventorying in the spirit of the 2003 Convention. Two training sessions were held in Buenos Aires City (Argentina) and a third one in Asunción (Paraguay). These sessions aimed at equipping participants with the fundamental knowledge and techniques to design and facilitate an inventorying process with the participation of communities and tailored to their particular circumstances.
Noticias y actividades:
- 2014-02-13 – Conclusión del programa de capacitación en el Cono Sur
- 2013-10-15 – El Cono Sur completa su programa de capacitación
- 2013-10-14 – Formación sobre la utilización de los mecanismos de la Convención de 2003 para la Salvaguardia del Patrimonio Cultural Inmaterial
- 2013-09-27 – Los inventarios del patrimonio cultural inmaterial ven resultados en Argentina
- 2013-02-25 – Un paso más en la identificación del patrimonio cultural inmaterial en Argentina
- 2012-10-08 – "Patrimonio Vivo": tres países de América del Sur se unen para aplicar la Convención de 2003
01/08/2012 - 01/03/2014 – Strengthening national capacities for effective safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage in Central America01/10/2012 - 30/11/2013 – Capacity building in designing, implementing and evaluating intangible cultural heritage projects in Viet Nam