Institutions, organizations, contacts
Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Indonesia to UNESCO
Maison de l’UNESCO
1, rue Miollis
75732 PARIS Cedex 15
Indonesian National Commission for UNESCO
Ministry of National Education
Gedung C. , Lt 17
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman - Senayan
This country did not designate yet any national authority in charge of the use of the emblem of the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
Read more on the use the emblem
Category 2 center(s)
International Information and Networking Centre for Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region (Republic of Korea)
Accredited NGOs located in this country
|Name, address and source||Activities related to ICH|
|Asosiasi Tradisi Lisan (ATL)|
Oral Tradition Association - ATL
JI. Menteng Wadas Timur No. 8
Year of creation: 1996
- oral traditions and expressions
- identification, documentation,
research (including inventory-making)
• To hold various activities involving researchers, observers, people interested in oral traditions, and those who support oral traditions, in order to develop their potentials.
• To appreciate and introduce the diversity of our cultural heritage, especially oral traditions, using three approaches, Le. science / education, documentation, and performance, including its publications.
• To organize accompanying programs (applied programs) preceded by research / deep observation in order to develop oral traditions and their supporting communities by means of conservation activities, reservation, preservation, and revitalization.
• To work on the re-functioning of certain oral traditions among communities, both in their original forms and in their modified or transformed forms.
• To assist the government and the general public by providing services in information, documentation, publication, research, and the advancement of oral traditions in order to create a network of information formed among various individuals and institutions.
• Research in the various regions such as : oral tradition of Suku Anak Dalam in Jarnbi (Continuities and discontinuities), Mabissu (Buginese dance ritual), Makyong Performance in province of Kepulauan Riau, Bedalung: oral tradition of Suku Laut (the Sea Tribe) in Province of Bangka Belitung and the art of "Tenun Ikat Flobamora" in East Nusa Tenggara.
• In cooperation with the national education department provides scholarships namely study of oral traditions program (MoU for five years 2009-2010). This program prepares grants a scholarships especially for this programmed for M.A. students and PhD student in Indonesia. Participants are young lecturers
from various universities around Indonesia. After completing their studies are expected to return home to teach at various universities This program also to train and prepare a number of scholars for research and
fieldwork on endangered languages and cultural activities in different areas all over Indonesia. Primarily it is necessary to conduct a general survey to understand the present situation of intangible cultural heritage in Indonesia, and to plan a strategy of protecting the most endangered species.
• Besides that, ATL is preparing Internasional Seminar and Festival of oral tradition in Bangka on November 2010 (Lisan VII Festival).
As matter of fact, the "spearhead" of the ATL's success is the speakers or storytellers, the shamans, the syeh (teachers ofIslam), the datuk (the elders), and tribal elders from various regions in Indonesia. Nevertheless, we have to express our gratitude to the researchers and resource persons who helped ATL in designing and carrying out our revitalization and accompanying programs i.e. Drs. M. Hamidi, M. Hum (Jakarta), Dr. Tabir Sitepu (Medan), Prof. Dr. Suripan Sadi Hutomo (Surabaya), Dr. Aminuddin (Malang), Prof. Dr. Mursal Esten (Padang Panjang). In addition, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude to cultural experts and artists, such as the late B.M. Syamsuddin (Pekanbam), King Hamzah Yunus (Penyengat Island), and Tengku M. Atan Rahman (a Mak Yong artist from East Bintan).
|Sekretariat Nasional Perkerisan Indonesia (SNKI)|
Indonesian National Kris Secretariat
Graha STR, Suite 401
Jalan Ampera Raya No 11B
Jakarta Selatan, 12550
Tel.: +62 21 781 4169 / 780 8068 // mobile: +62 811841996
Year of creation: 2006
|Sekretariat Nasional Pewayangan Indonesia|
Indonesian National Wayang Secretariat - SENA WANGI
Gedung Pewayangan Kautaman
First Floor Jalan Pintu I TMII
Tel.: +62-21 877 99 388; +62-813 820 61788
Year of creation: 1975