A set of pedagogic materials were developed by internationally recognized experts in the field of intangible cultural heritage:
Four initial themes:
- implementing the Convention at the national level,
- community-based inventorying, and
- elaborating nominations to the Lists of the Convention.
- elaborating safeguarding plans (testing phase),
- intangible cultural heritage and sustainable development,
- intangible cultural heritage and gender.
These materials are adapted and used not only in the context of training, but also to accompany the longer-term initiatives such as policy revision or institutional reforms.
Initially elaborated in English, they have been subsequently translated in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese and Uzbek.