The hemp factory was founded in 1908-1909 by: Totska and Co, N. Mantalaki, Bros., Zikopoulou, Ismail Tsipa, Ef. Chatzitripkou, Filota Chatziaggelou, Erig Chatziantoniou, Silvestro Batsiloglou; and, other small shareholders. Due to the inexperience of these shareholders management of the factory was handed over to the Naousian manufacturer, Ir. Chatzimoula and Co. in 1912. The factory began to function in 1913. The motors for this mill are 200 horsepower. The mill employs 100 workers who produce 1,200 kilos of strings and ropes on a daily basis.