- The e-volution of Information Technology in Cultural Heritage
Nicosia, Lefkosia, Cyprus
30 10 - 04 11 2006 The meeting is entitled “The e-volution of regional capacity in Cultural Heritage. Where Hi-Tech Touches the Past: Risks and Challenges for the 21st Century”.
- Introduction to Museum Basics and Collection Management
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
30 10 - 10 11 2006 Organized in the wake of the meeting on inventorying intangible cultural heritage in Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somalia, which was held 19 and 20 October in Addis Ababa, this two-week workshop will bring together 15 participants from different regions of Ethiopia with experts from Djibouti, Kenya, Somalia and Zambia.
- International Symposium-Workshop on Natural Dyes
05 - 12 11 2006 This meeting will provide a unique opportunity for more than 700 participants from 70 countries to exchange ideas and learn about the extraordinary wealth of natural dyes and traditional dyeing techniques in different parts of the world.
- 34th Annual General Meeting of the International ISBN Agency
06 - 07 11 2006 The meeting will bring together representatives of national agencies responsible for the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) system in their respective countries.
- World Heritage Committee simplifying Periodic Reports
06 - 07 11 2006 At its 30th Session held in Vilnius (2006) and, within the framework of the Reflection Year on the Periodic Reporting exercise, the World Heritage Committee decided to establish a working group on the simplification of the Periodic Reporting questionnaire and the setting up of indicators (Decision 30 COM 11G).
- Nouveaux Virtuoses Concert
07 11 2006 This series of French classical concerts endeavours to promote young solo artists at the international level. The featured musician will be pianist Paloma Kouider, a young UNESCO Aschberg scholarship holder, who will perform works by Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Liszt.
- Asia Cultural Co-operation Forum 2006
Hong Kong SAR, China
08 - 12 11 2006 During the Asia Cultural Co-operation Forum 2006 (ACCF), UNESCO will organize on 9 November, in collaboration with the Home Affairs Bureau of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government, an open forum on "Measuring Creativity, Happiness, and Well-Being".
- Award Ceremony of the Sharjah Prize for Arab Culture
09 11 2006 Following the meeting of the Prize’s International Jury Members on 28 and 29 September, Dr Jamal Al-Shalabi (Jordan) and Dr Yordan Peev (Bulgaria) were recommended as laureates from over 40 candidatures files submitted by 23 Member States and numerous prestigious institutes.
- First Extraordinary Session of the General Assembly of the States Parties to the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
09 11 2006 At its first session held in June 2006, the General Assembly of the States Parties to the Convention elected the first Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage composed of 18 members.
- 2006 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Awards Hong Kong SAR, China
12 11 2006 The UNESCO Regional Advisor for Culture in Asia and the Pacific will present the UNESCO Award of Merit to St. Andrew’s Church, Hong Kong.
- 1st Pan African Cultural Congress
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
13 - 17 11 2006 The African Union (AU) Conference of Ministers of Culture held in Nairobi, Kenya (December 2005) decided to convene this congress which was endorsed by the January 2006 Summit held in Khartoum, Sudan.
- Dar al Makhtutat Exhibition
15 11 2006 Inauguration of the exhibition on "Dar al Makhtutat Conservation and Documentation" (House of Manuscripts) and the presentation of the UNESCO/Italian Funds-in-Trust (FIT) project for the conservation and inventory of the manuscript collection. A lecture will also be organized on this occasion.
- Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
18 - 19 11 2006 This first meeting is held at the invitation of the Algerian authorities, in conformity with Resolution 1.GA.7A adopted by the General Assembly of the States Parties to the Convention’s first session held in June 2006.
- HIV and AIDS Vulnerability and Risk Reduction among Ethnic Minority Groups through Communication Strategies
Vientiane, Lao People's Democratic Republic
21 11 2006 During the mid-term review meeting, partners from the Greater Mekong Sub-region: Cambodia, China (Yunnan), Lao People's Democratic Republic and Thailand, will present a progress report on following components of the Asian Development Bank(ADB)-UNESCO project.
- Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage
21 11 2006 On behalf of the Director-General of UNESCO, Mr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Permanent Delegates are invited to participate in this information meeting on the 2001 Convention.
- Heritage Sites in Germany: Perspectives in Preventive Conservation and Preservation
23 - 25 11 2006 The conference will take up the current preservation problems faced by UNESCO World Heritage sites in Germany with a special focus on preventive conservation.
- The Image of Arabo-Islamic Culture in European History Textbooks
25 - 27 11 2006 This experts meeting is held within the framework of the Euro-Arab Dialogue programme “Learning To Live Together”.
- Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage: Implementation and Inventory-making
Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
27 - 28 11 2006 This meeting, organized by the UNESCO Office in Dar es Salaam and the Culture Sector's Intangible Heritage Section, will be attended by 35-40 participants from 23 African countries.