- Workshop for the approval of the World Heritage Tentative List for Burundi Bujumbura, Burundi
19 - 20 03 2007 The UNESCO Office in Bujumbura, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of the Territory Planning, Tourism and Environment, organizes activities – such as this workshop – in conjunction with the approval of the Tentative List of cultural, natural and mixed heritage.
- Exhibition of the "Dédale" costume sketches
19 03 - 13 04 2007 The exhibition presents the costumes created for the “Dédale” performance inspired by the encounter between the art director of the Académie Fratellini, who organized the show, and textile artisans from different countries during the International Symposium-Workshop on natural dyes, held in Hyderabad, India, in November 2006.
- World Poetry Day Paris, France
20 03 2007 Conceived to promote poetry and give recognition and new momentum in this field, World Poetry Day will be the occasion for several events aimed at highlighting cultural diversity.
- The Museum in Docklands to apply as a "Site of Memory"
London, United Kingdom
22 03 2007 As part of its efforts to commemorate the Bicentenary Abolition of the British Slave Trade, the Museum in Docklands announces its intention to apply for a trans-national serial nomination for World Heritage status on 22 March 2007.
- Information meeting on the entry into force of the Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions Paris, France
23 03 2007 Following the deposit of the thirtieth instrument of ratification on 18 December 2006, the Convention enters into force on 18 March 2007.
- Caribbean Capacity-building network
26 - 27 03 2007 The objectives of this first capacity-building meeting are to establish procedures on the manner in which each State Party will implement the training modules and to plan conservation projects to be implemented in 2007 and onwards.
- The Cacao Route in Latin America: towards an integral development approach Barlovento, Venezuela
26 - 30 03 2007 Two specialists from each of the following countries - Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela - participate in this expert meeting to focus on consolidating a methodology for intercultural dialogue based on pilot projects and regional meetings.
- World Theatre Day Paris, France
27 03 2007 First launched in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute, World Theatre Day is celebrated on 27 March throughout the world.
- La Tumba Francesa: a cultural asset for development
27 - 28 03 2007 This second capacity-building workshop has been conceived to enhance local participation and community awareness and to acknowledge research currently undertaken by a multidisciplinary team of experts.
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions in Central America
Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
27 - 30 03 2007 These workshops are designed to disseminate information on the Convention on the Protection and Promotion of Diversity of Cultural Expressions (2005), promote its ratification, and enhance its potential as a tool to strengthen Central American cultural policies.