EDUCATION FOR ALL
Mail address: Minister of Education / Department of Education
Private Mail Bag: FUNAFUTI / TUVALU
Telephone:688 20414 / Fax:688 20405
This report was produced by Mr Sootaga Paape, Senior Education Officer for School Supervision in the Ministry of Education, Tuvalu, with the assistance of a few people in the Ministry of Education, namely the Secretary of Education, Fakavae Taomia, Director of Education, David Manuella, Acting Curriculum Officer, Esau Assem and the Director of the University of the South Pacific Center in Tuvalu, Mr Penehuro Hauma.
Thanks are also extended to UNESCO, Apia, for their support with the Support Team members (Mrs Celia Barelle and Mrs Ada Pannett) who visited Tuvalu in April and August 1999 (Mrs Ada Pannett) and for the two workshops held in Nadi, Fiji, during June and August 1999. Special mention must be given to Mrs Edna Tait, Director of the UNESCO Office for the Pacific for her guidance and assistance. The script has been edited by Mrs Edna Tait and the typing done by Mrs Ada Pannett.
Thanks are also extended to the members of the Pacific RTAG Group for their assistance and support.
In conclusion I wish to acknowledge with gratitude the substantial contributions offered by those whom I have mentioned above, together with those people who contributed in different ways but their names are not mentioned.
1. EFA Goals and Targets
2. EFA Strategy and/or Plan of Action
3. EFA decision-making and management
4. Co-operation in EFA
5. Investment in EFA since 1990
6. Progresss towards goals and targets
7. Effectiveness of EFA, strategy, plans and programs
8. Main problems encountered and anticipated
9. Public awareness, political will and national capacities
10. General assessment of the progress
11. Presentation of new policies