Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
The speed at which the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions was adopted and entered into force is considered an extraordinary achievement. It signals the urgency and political commitment for action from governments around the world.
Today, there are 110 Parties to the Convention, work on a complete set of operational guidelines on the Convention is nearing completion, and the International Fund for Cultural Diversity has been launched.
- Republic of Korea ratifies the Convention
- Albania contributes to the Fund
- UNESCO Director General’s call for contributions to the Fund 2010
- The 2010 Call for Applications to the Fund is now open
- Do you have questions on the Fund ? new
- Switzerland outlines proposals to implement the Convention
- Latest documents: Draft Report of the Third Ordinary Session of the Intergovernmental Committee (December 2009), Draft Report of the Second Ordinary Session of the Conference of Parties (June 2009)