Submit news, events, research, best practices, regulatory measures, and any other activity announcement relevant to the Convention to 2005Conventionnews@unesco.org
- Apply: The 2010 Call for Applications to the International Fund for Cultural diversity is now open! Developing and least-developed countries that are Parties to the Convention, domestic and international non-governmental organizations, and representatives of vulnerable groups are invited to submit their applications to the 2005 Convention Secretariat before midnight Paris time on 30 June 2010.
- New Group: Caribbean Coalition for Cultural Diversity formed.
- Interview: Ambassador Gilbert Laurin (Canada) - Diversity of cultural expressions: a time for confidence
- Meeting: The Third session of the Intergovernmental Committee will be held in December 2010.
Non-governmental organizations wishing to attend the meeting should fill out and submit the following forms before xx XXX 2010 to reserve their places. All relevant pre-readings and working documents can be found here after xx XXX 2010.
- White Book: Kulturelle Vielfalt Gestalten (in German). Publication by the German Commission for UNESCO on the role of civil society and the implementation of the Convention.
- Proposal: Cultural Diversity: More than a Slogan. Proposals for the implementation of the Convention in Switzerland.
- Research: Putting Culture First. Commonwealth Foundation publication on integrating culture into development.
- Regulatory measures: Article 16 of the Convention inspired the introduction of a new EU Cultural cooperation protocol developed within the framework of European Partnership Agreements. This protocol was first introduced in a trade agreement negotiated with CARIFORUM (Caribbean) countries, allowing the works of CARIFORUM artists and cultural producers, particularly from the audiovisual sector, to receive greater access to the EU marketplace. More