Communication & Information in the Arab States of the Gulf
The CI sector at UNESCO Doha office concentrates on three major points:
- Promotion of Freedom of Expression and Information
- Strengthening free, independent and pluralistic media and communication for sustainable development in which enhancement of skills of media professionals, and capacity building of media training institutes in the regions, through training and support.
- Fostering universal access to information and knowledge and the development of infostructures to promote free flow of information, through media and information technology
- Ensure the free flow of information conducive to advancement of societies and their democratic functioning
Ensure equitable access to opportunities for sharing knowledge and promoting the creativity that technologies provide
- Assist Gulf Arab countries in building up their skills in communication and information; to improve media, and information services and to promote the training of professionals
- Promoting cooperation with media, information, and educational institutes, in implementation and development of projects and programmes
- Fostering education and sustainable training in Media and information technology
- Promoting Freedom of the Press in the region
Contacts at the Doha Field Office
Ibrahim Al Zubaidi
For additional information regarding Communication and Information, please visit UNESCO's Communication and Information Sector web site.