- unesco.org /
- / Internationalization, regionalization and globalization
Internationalization, regionalization and globalization
Internationalization, regionalization and globalization are key factors that shape Higher Education and research strategies and give rise to both cooperation and competition.
The development of regional education and research areas in various parts of the world challenges national values and cultures and calls for new regional instruments (e.g. for quality assurance and recognition). The specific challenges facing small states, whether island or landlocked, requires special attention in the context of globalization.
The WCHE 2009 workshop sessions will address the following issues:
- the changing pattern of relations between state, Higher Education and the market;
- the wide range of innovative international initiatives and partnerships;
- the potential offered by cross-border delivery of education and educational resources
- and the related risks;
- the implications of these new trends on funding models for Higher Education institutions and for learners
- well beyond mobility grants; the far-reaching changes required in Higher Education policies as well as in governance and management patterns.