UNITWIN Mediterranean Network UNESCO-UNU-City of Cannes Chairs on water ressources, sustainable development and peace : participation of the universities, cities and economic stakeholders (352), established in 1999 at the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (France).
Development of water resources.
- To facilitate the incorporation of high level internationally recognized researchers in the research teams of Southern countries to strengthen their creative, scientific and methodological potential.
- To support the international cooperation by closely working with specialized agencies in the field of water throughout the world, in particular with the international Network for Water, Environment and Health of the United Nations University (UNU/INWEH).
- To facilitate the contribution of universities, cities, institutions, organizations and economic stakeholders of the Mediterranean countries as vehicle of thought, dissemination of information and research progress with a view to sustainable development and culture of peace.
- Arab Academy of Sciences, Technology and Water Transportation (Egypt)
- Alexandria University (Egypt)
- Senghor University of Alexandria (Egypt)
- Al Fateh University of Tripoli (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya)
- University of Amman (Jordan)
- University of Nouakchott (Mauritania)
- University of Rabat (Morrocco)
- University of Tirana (Albania)
- Mediterranean Academy od Diplomatic Studies, University of Malta (Malta)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Raoul Caruba, I. R. I. M. - Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis (Présidence et Services Centraux)
E-Mail address - caruba(at)unice.fr
Work Phone - 33 (0)4 92 07 68 01/03
Fax - 33 (0)4 92 07 68 00
Street - Grand Château - 28 Avenue Valrose, B.P. 2135
City - Nice Cedex 2
Postal Code - F 06103
Country - France