List of UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN Networks in natural sciences in China:
- UNESCO-UNU Chair in Plant Biotechnology (62) - Peking University - established in 1992.
- UNESCO/UNIDO Chair in Clean Coal Technology (65) - Clean Coal Engineering and Research Centre of Coal Industry, Central Coal Mining Research Institute - established in 1997.
- UNESCO/SHIMANO Chair in Cold Forging Technology (612) - Shanghai Jiao Tong University - established in 2003.
- UNESCO/COUSTEAU Ecotechnie Chair (709) - Yunnan University - established in 2005.
- UNESCO/ EOLSS Chair in Science and Technology Policies (633) - Zhongshan University, Guangzhou - established in 2001.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Water Management (710) - Hohai University - established in 2005.
- UNESCO Chair on Continuing Engineering Education (429) - School of Continuing Education, Tsinghua University - established in 1999.
- UNESCO/SHELL Chair in Coal Gasification (620) - Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Taiyuan, Sahanxi - established in 2003.
- UNESCO/FRAUNHOFER Society Chair on Information Technologies for Industry and Environment (757) - Northeastern University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province - established in 2007.
- Toyota/UNESCO Chair in Environmental Management (557) - Nankai University - established in 2001.
- UNESCO Chair on Cooperation Between Higher Engineering Education and Industries (672) - Beijing Jiao-Tong University, Beijing - established in 2005.
UNESCO Chair in Hydroinformatics for Ecohydrology (928)- Capital Normal University- established in 2011.
- UNESCO Chair in South-South Cooperation on Science and Technology to Address Climate Change (963)-Beijing Institute of Technology-established in 2012.