Islands and Coastal Areas
List of UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN Networks in the field of Small Islands and Coastal Areas:
- UNESCO Chair in Prospective and Integrated Coastal Zone Management (708) - National Marine Science and Coastal Management Institute (ISMAL) - established in 2008.
- UNESCO Chair in Coastal Oceanography (57) - University of Concepción - established in 1993.
UNESCO Chair on Caribbean Smalls Island Development (897), The University of the Netherlands Antilles-established in 2010.
- UNESCO Chair in Marine Geology and Coastal Management (95) - University of Kiel - established in 1997.
- The Small Island States Universities Consortium on Capacity-Building to Implement the Barbados Programme of Action (BPOA) (719) - University of the West Indies, Secretariat to the Consortium - established in 2006.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Coastal Development (554) - University of Latvia - established in 2001.
- UNESCO Chair in Integrated Management and Sustainable Development in Coastal Regions and in Small Islands (515) - University of the Philippines - established in 2000.
- UNESCO Chair in Integrated Coastal Management and Sustainable Development (206) - Cheikh Anta Diop University of Dakar - established in 1997.
- UNITWIN – The “Wise Coastal Practices For Sustainable Human Development, Europe Region” (WICOP-EUROPE) Network (588) - University of Cádiz - established in 2002.
United States of America
- UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair in Coastal Resources (665) - State University of New Jersey - established in 2004.