List of UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN Networks working in the field of Water:
- UNESCO Chair in Water Economics and Transboundary Water Governance (874), Australian National University- established in 2010.
- Chaire UNESCO "Eau, femmes et développement" (753) - Université fédérale d'Ouro Preto-UFOP,Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais - établie en 2006.
Central African Republic
- UNESCO Chair in Water Management (805) - University of Bangui - established in 2008.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Water Management (710) - Hohai University - established in 2005.
UNESCO Chair in Hydroinformatics for Ecohydrology (928)- Capital Normal University- established in 2011.
- UNESCO Chair in Water, Women and Decision-making (705)-the Ivorian Center of Economy and Social Research (CIRES), University of Cocody-established in 2006.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Water Services (973)-Tampere University of Technology-established in 2012.
- UNITWIN Mediterranean Network UNESCO-UNU-City of Cannes Chairs in water ressources, sustainable development and peace : participation of the universities, cities and economic stakeholders (352) - University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis - established in 1999.
- UNESCO Chair in applied membrane sciences for environment (660)- Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Montpellier, Institut Européen des Membranes, Montpellier-established in 2004.
- UNESCO Chair in Hydrological Change and Water Resources Management (899)-the RWTH Aachen University- established in 2010.
- UNESCO Chair/International Network of Water-Environment Centres for the Balkans in"Sustainable Management of Water and Conflict Resolution" (618) - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - established in 2003.
- UNESCO Chair in Water Resources Sustainability (681) - University of San Carlos de Guatemala - established in 2005.
- UNESCO Chair in Hydrogeology (693) - Eötvös Loránd University - established in 2003.
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- UNESCO Chair in Water and Environment Management for Sustainable Cities (989)-Sharif University of Technology-established in 2012.
- UNESCO-EOLSS Chair in Wadi Hydrology (416) - University of Jordan - established in 1999.
- UNESCO Chair in Water in the Knowledge Society (814) - Instituto Mexicano de Technología des Agua - established in 2008.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Groundwater Management (783) - University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki (Japan) and the Institute of Geo-ecology, Mongolian Academy of Sciences, Ulaanbaatar - established in 2007.
- UNESCO Chair "Water, Women and Decision-making" (706) - University Al Akhawayn, Ifrane - established in 2006.
- UNESCO Chair in Community Education for Mountain Conservation and Watersheds Management (898)-University of Punjab-established in 2010.
- UNESCO Chair in Water Resources (533) - Irkutsk State University - established in 2001.
- UNITWIN Network on Water Resources (870)-Irkutsk State University - established in 2009.
UNESCO Chair on Water Resources Management and Ecohydrology (875)- Water problem Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences-established in 2010.
- UNESCO Chair in Water for Ecologically Sustainable Development (969)-University of Belgrade-established in 2012.
- UNESCO Chair in Geohydrology (426) - University of the Western Cape - established in 1999.
- UNESCO Chair in Water Resources (246) - Omdurman Islamic University - established in 1994.
UNESCO Chair in Women, Science and Reasoned Water Management in West Africa (832)- the University of Lomé-established in 2009.
United Arab Emirates
- UNESCO Chair in Environment and Water Resources (634) - Ajman University of Science and Technology - established in 2003.
United States of America
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Rivers (808) - University of Washington - established in 2008.