List of UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN Networks in the field of Sustainable Development:
- UNESCO Interdisciplinary Chair/Network for Sustainable Development (6) - Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales - established in 1995.
UNESCO Chair in Human Security and Regional Development in Latin America (935)-Blas Pascal University, Córdoba-established in 2011.
- UNITWIN-PRELUDE Network of scientific and participative co-expertise for sustainable development and UNESCO-PRELUDE Chair on sustainable development (589) - Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix - established in 2001.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (33) - Institute of Psychology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - established in 1993.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (39) - Federal University of Paraná - established in 1994.
- UNESCO Chair in Education and Human Development (640) - Institute Ayrton Senna - established in 2004.
- UNESCO Chair in global environmental changes (54)-University of Québec in Montréal - established in 1992.
- UNESCO Chair in training of sustainable development professionals (585) - Université Michel de Montaigne Bordeaux 3 - established in 2001.
- Mobile UNESCO Chair in development and regional development of territories (84) - University of Toulouse III - established in 1994.
- UNESCO Chair R I I F A D E L/International Network in engineering of training applied to local Development / Human Resources - Executive Training (89) - University of Toulouse 1 - established in 1998.
- UNESCO Chair in social development and democracy (657) - University of Omar Bongo, Libreville - established in 2004.
- UNESCO Chair in Higher Education for Sustainable Development (687) - University of Lueneburg - established in 2005.
- UNESCO Chair for Sustainability (965)- The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya - established in 2012.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Human Security and Capacity-building in Post-conflict Societies (992)-Doshisha University-established in 2012.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (168) - European institute for local and regional development, University of Warsaw - established in 1994.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development, Environmental Sciences and Social Problems (187) - Novosibirsk State University - established in 1997.
- UNESCO Chair in the learning society and human sustainable development (675) - Astrakhan State University - established in 2004.
- UNESCO Chair in Environment and Sustainable Development (216) - University of Barcelona - established in 1996.
- UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development (221) - University of Granada - established in 1991.
- UNESCO Chair in Planning, New Technologies and Sustainable Development (228) - University of La Laguna, within the framework of the ISA network - established in 1993.
- UNESCO Chair of Development Studies (233) - University of Valencia - established in 1994.
- UNESCO Chair on Sustainability (238) - Polytechnic University of Catalonia - established in 1996.
- UNESCO Chair in Environmental Education (239) - Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia - established in 1996.
- UNESCO Chair in sustainable development (345) - Centro Extremeño de Estudios y Cooperación con Iberoamérica, University of Extremadura, Caceres - established in 1994.
- UNESCO International Chair/Network for a Sustainable Human Development (391) - University of Girona - established in 1998.
- UNITWIN – The “Wise Coastal Practices For Sustainable Human Development, Europe Region” (WICOP-EUROPE) Network (588) - University of Cádiz - established in 2002.
United States of America
- UNESCO Chair on Rural Community, Leadership, and Youth Development (1013)-the Pennsylvania State University-established in 2013.
- UNESCO Chair in Knowledge Economy (735) - Westminster International University of Tashkent - established in 2006.