Central Afrique Republic
UNESCO Chair in Water Management (805), established in 2008 at the University of Bangui (Central African Republic).
Hydrology, Water Chemistry.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training and documentation activities in the field of hydrology and water management.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the Institute and other institutions of higher education in Central African Republic and others in sub region of Central Africa.
- The development objectives of the Chair are the strengthening of national capacities and international and sub-regional networks in water management and the improvement of population health.
The specific objectives are:
- To train specialists in compliance with the requirements and constraints of the employment market in the Central African Republic (CAR);
- Research and development in water quality and management, adapted to local context;
- Information and awareness;
- To expand collaboration with laboratories in water quality and management, particularly at regional and sub regional levels.
Progress report 2009 (short version)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural sciences; UNESCO Office in Yaoundé.
Prof. Joseph Mabingui, University of Bangui
E-Mail address - joseph.mabingui(at)yahoo.fr