UNESCO/Arab Region Ecotechnie Network (AREN) (587), established in 2002 at South Valley University, Aswan (Egypt).
Multidisciplinary Environmental Education: Ecology, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Economics, Social Sciences and Technology.
- The principal objectives of the Cooperation Programme are to promote:
- Multidisciplinary environmental education, research and training in teaching institutions, at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The development of ecotechnie concepts, curricula, training course and research projects, including the development of joint undergraduate and postgraduate progrmmes and advanced research among the participating institutions.
- Increased environmental awareness among the general public, technical personnel and decision-makers.
- Exchange of ecotechnie-related information at the regional level between educators, researchers, policy makers and students.
- Sharing of experiences, information and data between members of the Network related to ecotechnie-oriented education, training and research.
- University of Bahrain (Bahrain)
- UNESCO-Cousteau Ecothecnie Chair in Environment and Sustainable Development, the University of Bahrain, Environmental Research Centre (ERC) (Bahrain)
- University of Jordan (Jordan)
- University of Mohamed V (Morocco)
- University of Khartoum (Sudan)
- University of Damascus (Syria)
- University of Sana’a (Yemen)
- South Valley University, Assouan (Egypt)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Office in Cairo
AREN Coordinator, Unit of Environmental Studies and Development (UESD), South Valley University
E-Mail address - irina44(at)yahoo.com
Work Phone - (+20) 97 481 550
Fax - (+20) 97 480 448
City - Aswan 81528
Country - Egypt