UNESCO-UTRECHT Chair on Democracy and Human Rights (155), established in 1994 at the University of Namibia within the framework of the UTRECHT/UNITWIN Network for Southern Africa (Namibia).
Disciplines related to democracy and human rights.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of democracy and human rights.
- To elaborate a curriculum concerning democracy and human rights integrated in the study programmes of the Law Faculty and to develop progressively a nationwide system of permanent education for democracy and human rights.
- University of Bénin
- Edouardo Mondlane University (Mozambique)
- University of Utrecht (Netherlands)
- University of Western Cape (South Africa)
- University of Genève (Switzerland)
- University of Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
- University of Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Manfred O. Hinz, University of Namibia, Faculty of Law
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO-UTRECHT Chair on Democracy and Human Rights
E-Mail address - lawfac(at)unam.na
Work Phone - +(264 61) 206 30 71 / 206 36 22
Fax - +(264 61) 206 37 03
Street - Private Bag 13301, 340 Mandume Ndemufayo Avenue
City - Pioneerspark, Windhoek-