UNESCO Chair on Renewable Energies (505), established in 2000 at the Abdou Moumouni University, Niamey, (Niger).
Physical sciences related to solar and wind energy.
- To set up postgraduate and technical curriculum to support and develop the various activities of research, engineering, production, use and maintenance as regards renewable energies.
- To sensitize development stakeholders to energy saving and environmental protection.
- At short term, to strengthen the Master’s degree in Renewable Energies with the Faculty of Science and to create a PhD in Renewable Energies.
- Abdou Moumouni University, Niamey.
- African Center of Meteorological Applications for Development (ACMAD)
- Observatoire du Sahara et du Sahel (OSS)
- Centre régional de la technologie (CRAT).
- Réseau Africain des Institutions Scientifiques et Techniques (RAIST).
- CNES - Centre National d'Energie Solaire (Niger)
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Michel Daguenet, University Abdou Moumouni
E-Mail address - cresa(at)intnet.ne
Work Phone - (227) 73 25 31
Fax - (227) 73 38 62
Street - B.P. 237
City - Niamey
Country - Niger