UNESCO Chair in Earth Sciences and Georesources Engineering Management (725), established in 2006 at the University of Ibadan (Nigeria).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in order to identify ways of utilizing Africa’s natural resources through close collaboration of scientists, engineers, economists and social scientists.
The Chair will foster a multi-disciplinary approach in:
- research into areas of resource recovery;
- developing a new academic graduate degree programme in georesources engineering management and an undergraduate minor in Society, Technology and the Environment of Africa;
- meaningful international collaboration through sabbaticals, exchanges and internships;
- involvement of pre-college students from urban multicultural settings and from rural resource-dependent areas in Nigeria;
- the development of knowledge transfer and capacity-building techniques in Africa;
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in other regions of the world
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Office Accra.
Prof. O.A. Bamiro, The University of Ibadan
E-Mail address - vc(at)mail.ui.edu.ng
Work Phone - (+234) (0)2-200-36-08
Fax - (+234) (0)2-810-30-43
City - Ibadan
Country - Nigeria