UNESCO Chair in Open Distance Learning (732), established in 2006 at the University of South Africa (South Africa).
Open Distance Learning.
The purpose of the Chair shall be:
- to establish links with relevant institutions hence increase effectiveness through sharing of experiences;
- to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in open distance learning;
- to build capacity to improve quality and coverage of higher education through the use of distance learning: align with international players to facilitate exchange and collaboration in the interests of quality distance education and the service of humanity; and
- to provide opportunities to offer education and develop skills including non-formal and formal programmes from diploma/undergraduate to doctoral level and access in private and public institutions for higher learning.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in other regions of the world.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof Dele Braimoh, University of South Africa (UNISA), Institute for Open and Distance Learning
UNESCO Chairholder and Director of the Institute
E-Mail address - braimad(at)unisa.ac.za
Work Phone - +27 11 670-9000
Street - P O Box 392, UNISA 003
Country - South Africa