UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair / Network in Environment and Sustainable Development (82), established in 1997 at South Valley University (Egypt).
Environmental management and policy.
- To promote interdisciplinary education, training, research and field projects combining socio-economic, human and environmental sciences and integrated approaches to policy making and resource management
- To design and implement interdisciplinary projects focusing on integrated management of natural resources of the Wadi Allaqi Biosphere Reserve and on environmentally sound development of the Upper Egypt region.
- To contribute to the formulation of sustainable development policies at various levels in the region.
- to serve as a centre of excellence for ecotechnie-related advanced interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies, vocational training and research concerning integrated management of natural resources and sustainable development and to promote regional networking efforts in these areas.
- To promote awareness among policy-makers, educators and the public regarding integrated approaches to environmental conservation, natural resource management and sustainable development.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Office in Cairo.
- Progress Report 2003 (short version)
UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair / Network in Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Progress Report 1999 (short version)
Period of activity: July 1998 – December 1999.
Prof. Irina Springuel, Unit of Environmental Studies and Development, South Valley University
Network Coordinator, UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair / Network in Environment and Sustainable Development
E-Mail address - irina44(at)yahoo.com
Work Phone - 20 97 48 1550
Fax - 20 97 48 0448
City - Aswan
Postal Code - 81528
Country - Egypt