UNESCO-EOLSS Chair in Wadi Hydrology (416), established in 1999 at the University of Jordan (Jordan).
- To develop a regional training programme on Wadi hydrology, in close co-operation with the Regional Network on Wadi Hydrology co-ordinated by the Arab Center for Arid Zones and Dry Lands studies.
- To elaborate and develop the quality of the training package initiated by the Centre for a regional short course on Wadi hydrology to be conducted annually.
- To provide renowned experts to lecture for the course .
- To provide technical advice for popular and scientific publications devoted to Wadis.
- To promote the activity of the regional network of scholars and institutions involved in research and training related to Wadi hydrology in the Arab Region and to create links with similar advanced institutes/organizations in the developed world.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Office in Amman.
Prof. Muhammad Shatanawi, University of Jordan , Faculty of Agriculture
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO-EOLSS Chair in Wadi Hydrology
E-Mail address - shatanaw(at)ju.edu.jo
Work Phone - 962 6 5355000 ext.: 22441, 22308
Fax - 00962 6 5300829
City - Amman
Postal Code - 13042
Country - Jordan