PEACE Programme: Palestinian European Academic Co-operation in Education(317), established in 1992 (Palestinian Authority).
Institutional and staff development, quality of academic programmes in all fields and disciplines.
- Promoting international cooperation with Palestinian Universities through: exchange of staff and students; grants for Palestinian students and young academics to complete graduate studies abroad; academic projects aimed at enhancing teaching and research at Palestinian higher education institutions
- Its areas of action include:
- scholarships to Palestinian students and young academics allowing for them to pursue post-graduate studies abroad;
- exchange of teachers and researchers as a means for staff development at Palestinian universities;
- academic programs at Palestinian universities through bilateral and multilateral agreements and through consortia of member universities,
- support to 3 UNESCO Chairs established at Palestinian universities.
8th International PEACE Programme Conference on Palestinian-European Academic Cooperation and 9th PEACE Programme General Assembly (14 December 2012, UNESCO-HQ, Room IX)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, Natural Sciences.
Contacts: Professor Khalil Hindi , President
Ms. Annapaola Coppola, Administrative Officer
UNESCO Headquarters Bonvin Building, room 6.43
1, rue de Miollis -75015 Paris
Phone : +33 1 4568 4107