UNESCO Chair in Special Needs Education (689), established in 2005 at the University of Qatar, Doha (Qatar).
Special needs education.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in Special Needs Education.
- It will build capacity to promote quality and coverage of special needs education through:
- a) adaptation of curriculum to accommodate students with special needs and provision of services to children with higher incidence disabilities;
- b) developing a viable research programme in special needs education;
- c) establishing training sites for special needs education graduates;
- d) designing a post graduate programme in special needs education.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other higher institutions in other regions of the world.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Doha.
Dr Sheikha Abdullah Al-Mesened, University of Qatar, College of Education
E-Mail address - president(at)qu.edu.qa
Work Phone - +974 485-2055
Fax - +974 483-5111
Street - P.O. Box 2713
City - Doha
Country - Qatar