UNESCO Chair in Water Resources (246), established in 1994 at Omdurman Islamic University (Sudan).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation services in fields related to water resources.
- To provide study programmes (master and Ph. D. degrees) in the field of water resources.
- To establish a network of institutions in the countries sharing the same water resources.
- Omdurman Islamic University
- Makerere University (Kenya)
- Gezira University (Sudan)
- Khartoum University (Sudan)
- Sudan University for Science & Technology (Sudan)
- Waghenien University
- Other Research and Higher Education Institutions in Africa
- Ministry of Irrigation and Water Resources (MIWR), Khartoum (Sudan)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Abdalla Abdelsalam Ahmed, UNESCO Chairholder
Omdurman Islamic University
E-Mail - ucwr(at)ucwr-sd.org
Phone: (+249 183) 779599/786770/ 776884
Fax: +249 183 797758
PO Box 1244