International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) (421), established in 1999, (Australia).
- To promote good practices in the maintenance and improvement of quality in higher education.
- To facilitate research into the practice of quality management in higher education and its effectiveness.
- To provide advice and expertise to assist all countries to establish quality assurance agencies.
- To facilitate links between accrediting bodies.
- To assist members in determining the standards of institutions operating across national borders.
- To develop methods of quality assurance for virtual institutions; to enhance the mutual recognition of agencies' activities.
- To permit better-informed international recognition of qualifications.
- To assist in the development and use of credit transfer schemes to enhance the mobility of students between institutions within and across national borders.
- To enable members to be alert to dubious accrediting practices and organizations.
- To assist and support the development of quality assurance procedures in universities and other institutions of higher education.
- 63 Full Members and 41 Associate Members.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Dr David Woodhouse, Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA)
Executive Director of INQAAHE
E-Mail address - ed(at)auqa.edu.au
Work Phone - 61-3-9639-1100
Fax - 61-3-9639-7377
Street - Level 10, 123 Lonsdale Street
City - Melbourne
Province/State - Victoria
Postal Code - 3000
Country – Australia
Prof. Maria Jose Lemaitre, Comisión Nacional de Acreditación Pregrado
President of International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE)
E-Mail address - mjlemait(at)ctcinternet.cl
Work Phone - 56 2 269 0224
Fax - 56 2 343 2549
City - Santiago de Chili
Country - Chile