UNESCO Chair in Cultural Heritage Resource Management (782), established in 2007 at the University of Hong Kong (China).
Cultural heritage resource management.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of cultural heritage resource management. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in China, and the Asia and Pacific region.
The purpose of the Chair and its related programmes is to provide:
- Better understanding of cultural heritage assets in Asia;
- Knowledge of conservation principles and practices in Asia;
- Better understanding of the need for a holistic approach to cultural heritage resource management, especially through:
- a) Understanding the relationship between cultural heritage and sustainable development;
- b) Understanding the roles of different disciplines related to cultural heritage resource management and the need for a participative approach in conservation projects.
- University of Hong Kong (China). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Culture, UNESCO Beijing.
Marielle Richon, UNESCO
7, place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP
Mr Tsui Lap-Chee, University of Hong Kong
Vice-Chancellor, UNESCO Chairholder
E-Mail address - hrs(at)reg.hku.hk
Work Phone - (852) 28592111
Fax - (852)2540-6735
Street - 301 Knowles Building
City - Hong Kong
Country - China