UNESCO Chair in South-South Cooperation on Science and Technology to Address Climate Change (963), established in 2012 at the Beijing Institute of Technology (China).
Climate change, south-south cooperation in science and technology.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- research existing scientific South-South cooperation to address climate change, and develop a strategy to strengthen dialogue and action for enhanced scientific cooperation in this field;
- set up a mechanism for information-sharing on research results, existing technological solutions and ongoing science and technology needs to address climate change;
- research effective methods and mechanisms for South-South research and development cooperation, technology transfer and training in relevant fields; develop a guide on applicable technology transfer and technical training which could benefit interested developing countries; and, identify resources to facilitate implementation;
- provide postgraduate and short-term training on strategy, policy and management of scientific cooperation to address climate change to students, experts and young professionals; and,
- cooperate with relevant local, regional and global organizations to achieve the above objectives.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Beijing Office
Contacts: Prof. Dr. Liu Yun, UNESCO Chairholder
School of Management and Economics
Beijing Institute of Technology
100081 Beijing, PR China
Mobile Phone: 13520522167
Dr Wang Yang, Co-Chairholder
Director of Division of International Talent and Training
China Science and Technology Exchange Center
54 Sanli Road, Xicheng District,
Beijing, PR China 100045
Mobile Phone: 13601058359