UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chair (104), established in 1996 at M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (India).
Adult education; Rural education; Environment protection and sustainable development; Learning by doing; Knowledge system for sustainable food security (computer-based network).
- To develop an educational resource centre for rural development based on environmentally and socially sustainable patterns.
- To impart a pro-nature, pro-poor and pro-women orientation to technology development and dissemination.
- The UNESCO Chair co-ordinates the Asian Ecotechnology Network.
- M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation. Website
- Members of the Asian Ecology Network.
- Members of the International Network of UNESCO-Cousteau Ecotechnie Chairs.
- United Nations University. Website
- Third World Academy of Sciences.
- World Network of Biosphere Reserves. Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. M. S. Swaminathan, M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation
E-Mail address - msswami(at)vsnl.net
Work Phone - 91 44 235 1229
Fax - 91 44 235 1319
Street - Third Cross Street, Tarami Institutional Area
City - Chennai, Madras
Postal Code - 600 113
Country - India