UNESCO Chair in Research and Education for Sustainable Development (773), established in 2007 at the Okayama University, Okayama (Japan).
Education for sustainable development.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of education for sustainable development.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University, other institutions in Japan and the Asia and Pacific region.
The objectives of its activities shall be:
- To contribute to raising the awareness and building the capacity of national and local development cadres as responsible actors through the promotion of environmental education and ethics for a sustainable society.
- To promote applied research, teaching and specialized studies for sustainable development and environmental education from an interdisciplinary approach, with particular attention to natural and social sciences and engineering
- The Okayama University. Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Abe Hirofumi, Graduate School of Environmental Science, Division of Sustainability of Resources, Okayama University
E-Mail address - abe1(at)cc.okayama-u.ac.jp
Work Phone - +81-86-251-8849
Fax - +81-86-251-8866
Street - 3-1-1 Tsushima-Naka
City - Okayama
Postal Code - 700-8530
Country - Japan