UNESCO Chair on Environmental Management and Infrastructure Development Engineering (115), established in 1997 at Saitama University, (Japan).
Environmental engineering; Geotechnology; Earthquake engineering.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of environmental management and infrastructure development engineering.
- To facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and the research team of the University, and other institutions.
- Saitama University. Website
- Japanese Government through the Monbu-Kagaku-Sho Scholarship,
- Asian Development Bank through the ADB Scholarship;
- Joint Japan-World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank Scholarships;
- University of Hawaii College of Engineering;
- Thammasat University (Thailand). Website
- Progress Report 2009-2010 (short version)
UNESCO Chair on Environmental Management and Infrastructure Development Engineering.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Beijing Office.
Prof. Koji Tsunokawa, Saitama University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair on Environmental Management and Infrastructure Development Engineering
E-Mail address - k-tsunokawa(at)mua.biglobe.ne.jp
Work Phone - +81-48-858-3825/+81-48-858-9624
Fax - +81-48-858-7374/+81-48-858-9675
Street - 255 Shimo-Ohkubo, Sakura-KU
City - Saitama
Postal Code - 338-8570
Country - Japan