UNITWIN-UNESCO/KU/ICL Landslides Risk Mitigation for Society and Environment Cooperation Programme (605), established in 2003 at Kyoto University, (Japan).
Geology, Geography, Geophysics, Civil and Mining Engineering, Forest and Agricultural Engineering, Informatics, Policy and Administration.
- To provide advice and expertise to all countries, particularly the least developed, with a view to:
- Establishing research and education for landslide and water-related disaster risk management;
- Helping members of the Networks in developing methods of global landslide and hydrometorological monitoring;
- Enhancing landslide and water experiments;
- Contributing to development of a landslide and water-related disaster database and digital library as well as of a world digital inventory such as Desaster Reduction Hyperbase (DRH).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Natural Sciences, UNESCO Office in Beijing.
Dr Kyoji Sassa, International Consortium on Landslides
E-Mail address - ICL(at)landslide.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Work Phone - 81 774 384 110
Fax - 81 774 325 597
Street - 37, Schichiku Shimokosai-cho, Kita-ku
City - Kyoto
Postal Code - 603-8114
Country - Japan