UNESCO Chair for the Study of Culture and Religion (464), established in 1999 at the Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University (Kyrgyzstan).
Intercultural and inter-religious dialogue.
- To strengthen the contribution of higher education institutions to education and research concerning the main cultural and religious principles of harmony and unity in a multi-ethnic and pluri-religious State.
- To educate young people in a spirit of peace and tolerance, solidarity and intercultural and interfaith dialogue.
- To ensure training of specialists able to exercise influence over the development of the cultural process in various aspects (social, religious, political, aesthetic).
- To study the role and dynamics of cultural, spiritual and religious factors in the formation of the national identity of Kyrgyzstan.
- To develop solutions to cultural conflicts and establish a basis for the formation of a tolerant democratic society.
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University. Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Prof. Yuri Podkulko, Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University
UNESCO Chairholder, UNESCO Chair in the Study of Culture and Religion
E-Mail address - lipiren(at)mail.ru
Work Phone - (996-312)663-382
Fax - (996-312) 282-776
Street - Kievskaya 44
City - Bishkek
Postal Code - 720000
Country - Kyrgyzstan