UNESCO Chair in the Conservation and Management of Historic Towns and Urban Centers (839), established in 2009 at the National College of Arts (Pakistan).
Architecture, archaeology, history, urban planning, anthropology, community studies, arts education.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the fields of architecture, archaeology, history, urban planning, anthropology, community studies, and arts education. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Pakistan, Asia and the Pacific, and Europe.
- To focus on graduate and post graduate levels of training in the skills needed for the conservation and management of the historic towns and urban centers of Pakistan and the region;
- To focus on creating and sustaining linkages between stakeholders and creating platforms for communication and exchange;
- To disseminate professional research and popular level information about heritage conservation and management, development and education;
- To mainstream cultural heritage and to highlight its pivotal role in the development in the region.
- Heritage Foundation Pakistan, Pakistan National Arts Council and Lok Virsa, Aga Khan Cultural Services Pakistan, Federal Department of Archaeology
- Directorate for Culttural Heritage, Oslo (Norway)
- Architectural Conservation Programme, University of Hong Kong (China)
- The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London/Cardiff (U.K.)
- Postgraduate Institute of archaeology, University of Kelaniya, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- CRATerre, University of Grenoble (France)
- University Sains Malaysia, Penang (Malaysia)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Culture, UNESCO Office in Islamabad.
Prof. Naazish Ata-Ullah, The National College of Arts
E-Mail address - culturalheritagenca(at)hotmail.com
Work Phone - +92-333-484-75-47
Street - 4 Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam
City - Lahore
Postal Code - 5400
Country - Pakistan