UNITWIN Network in Distance Education for Development (Greater Mekong Subregional and South-Eastern Asia) (30), established in 1998 at Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University (Thailand).
Distance education; rural development.
- To develop twinning and other linking arrangements between the participating institutions; to develop sub regional and regional co-operation networks based at the participating institutions
- To develop centres of excellence for specialized training and advanced research by agreement between the parties with international support.
- These centres could assist in bridging training and research needs across national frontiers.
- To foster scientific advancement through research in relevant disciplines, and to increase the availability of outstanding specialists within the participating institutions.
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University. Website
- Yunnan Radio and Television University (China).
- The Indonesian Distance Learning Network (Indonesia). Website
- University of Distance Education (Myanmar).
- The SEAMEO Regional Centre for Distance and Open Learning (Thailand). Website
- Hanoi National Open University (Vietnam). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Office in Bangkok.
Dr. Pratya Vasarach, Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
E-Mail address - President(at)stou.ac.th
Work Phone - (66-2) 503 35 53/ (66 2) 504 77 77
Fax - (66-2) 503 35 54/ (66 2) 503 36 07
Street - Nonthaburi
City - Bangpood, Pakkred
Postal Code - 11120
Country - Thailand