UNESCO Chair in Automated Information Technologies (538), established in 1999 at Samarkand Cooperative Institute (Uzbekistan).
Information science and information technologies, data processing machinery, the principles of algorithming and programming, economical and mathematical methods and models, software package.
- The aims of the Chair is to provide state-of -the -art training and strengthen its training capability to meet the pressing need for a critical mass of trained information professionals for the emerging Uzbekistan information society, using new information and communication technologies.
- To develop and reinforce sub regional and regional cooperation networks and existing networks in the field of information and communication technologies.
- To promote the exchange of expertise and experiences between the Institute and institutions of other countries in the field of information and communication technologies.
- To develop and reinforce centres of excellence for specialized and advanced research in the field of information and communication technologies, with international support.
- To assist in bringing training and research needs across national frontiers.
- Samarkand Cooperative Institute.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Communication and Information.
Dr N.R. Zaynallov, The Samarkand Cooperative Institute
E-Mail address - institute(at)cooper.samuni.silk.org
Work Phone - (998-662) 33-64-79
Fax - (998-662) 33-64-79
Street - 9, Amir Temur Str.
City - Samarkand
Country - Republic of Uzbekistan