UNESCO Chair in the Comparative Study of World Religions (579), established in 1999 at Tashkent Islamic University (Uzbekistan).
World Religions, History of the World Religions, History of Civilisation, Philology, Philosophy, Anthropology.
- To promote a culture of peace by encouraging interfaith and intercultural dialogue in Central Asia.
- To introduce new curricula and teaching materials in higher, vocational and secondary educational institutes of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- To promote research on comparative history of religions and comparative religious anthropology.
- To contribute to the development of an international scientific network of cooperating academic institutions working on the interaction between different religions and cultures.
- To undertake formal and informal research and training projects in this field for students, scholars, religious communities and ethnic groups in a spirit of tolerance and solidarity with the aim of fostering mutual knowledge among cultures, religions and spiritual traditions.
- Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in the Comparative Study of World Religions.
Prof. Akhadjan Khasanov, Tashkent Islamic University
E-Mail address - ugafurov(at)yahoo.com
Work Phone - (998 71) 139-55-13
Fax - (998 71) 139-52-02
Street - S. Raminov r-n, Muhbir Ko’chasi, 43-uy
City - Tashkent
Postal Code - 700179
Country - Uzbekistan