UNESCO Chair in Information Technologies : training and solidary development. The case of small states (743), established in 2006 at the University of Andorra (Andorra).
The development of information and communication technologies.
- The principal objectives of the Chair are:
- to elaborate a exchange network of teachers, students and professionals between several Universities in order to contribute to the development of information and communication technologies;
- to favour the sustained expansion of higher education, notably through the University structure and programmes, the use of information and communication technologies;
- to propose mechanisms and procedures which guarantee the sustainability of numerical information;
- to promote training and research in information and communication technologies;
- the work of the Chair also seeks to promote the exchange of knowledge and information within disadvantaged groups.
- UNESCO Chair on new information technologies for e-learning education (593), established in 2002 at the Open University of Catalonia (Spain)
- UNESCO Chair in the Earth as a Global System (199), established in 1999 at the Institute for Space Studies of Catalonia, Catalan Foundation for Research, Barcelona Spain)
- UNESCO Chair RIIFADEL / International Network in engineering of training applied to local development / Human Resources – Executive Training (89), established in 1998 at the University of Toulouse 1 (France)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, Communication and Information.
Dr Daniel Bastida, Université d’Andorre
E-Mail address - uda(at)uda.ad
Work Phone - (376) 743-000
Fax - (376) 743-043
Street - Plaça de la Germandat, 7.
City - San Julià de Lòria
Postal Code - AD600
Country - Andorre